Welcome Guest - Sign Up today
Welcome Guest - Sign Up today

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1987 Ski Centurion Tru Trac II - First Time Rebuild - Floor, Engine, Dash, etc.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am at 35 however i beefed boat up and redid almost every piece of wood its got a tub so its like double the boat. i do waste some though when i was making hatches i got mad and chucked one or 2 i didn't like
    project:http://forums.iboats.com/forum/boat-...r-2159-hardtop

Comment

• Originally posted by mickyryan View Post
      I am at 35 however i beefed boat up and redid almost every piece of wood its got a tub so its like double the boat.
      Oh man! 35?!?! You're going to have a floating tank

Originally posted by mickyryan View Post
      do waste some though when i was making hatches i got mad and chucked one or 2 i didn't like
      I wasted a bit when I was practicing the glassing, practicing PB, messed up a few batches of PB, plus all the extra that I will toss after it starts to gel up on me. So far my extra gel resin has only been a coffee can, filled 3/4 now. Every time I finish a batch I will just tip my cup over it and let it drain. Then wash it out with a little acetone and be able to reuse the container for the next batch. Its worked out pretty well for me.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20180624_172114.jpg Views:	1 Size:	908.2 KB ID:	10600534
      Last edited by ACon977; June 28th, 2018, 09:54 AM.
      - Austin

Current Project: 1987 Ski Centurion Rebuild - Tru Trac II

"Let's get outside and into the fresh air first; then we can figure out the rest of our adventure."

Comment

• well really i bet this was a 150 gallon original build easily so 35 for all the big areas i cut out and replaced isnt too bad plus my fabrications and my tossed fabrications
        remember i had a whole bottom inside and out plus stringers transom then covers for most of that almost like a floor then i have the tub that,s got its own floor sides and roof that i gutted and removed all the wood and replaced or used arjay 6011. most normal rebuilds up to 20 ft id say 20 to 25 gallons

Comment

• Ah I have been reading through your thread today and see why you used so much. Looks like an amazing project though, you are CRAZY for taking on such a huge rebuild. And the amount of gel coat you used... you're clearly a pro now! What an impressive turn around on that though. Looks better than new.
          - Austin

"Let's get outside and into the fresh air first; then we can figure out the rest of our adventure."

Comment

• yeah shoulda seen me flipping it by my self lol

Comment

• I cant imagine hahaha Im glad my hull is in good enough shape. Looking at people doing that scares the crap out of me.
              - Austin

Comment

• I used about 4.5 gallons of epoxy and 1/3 that amount of hardener doing right side stringers bulkheads and right floor plus glassed left deck, ski wells and fuel tank bay. PS: My Radar Theory showed up today. Still waiting on a fin from Radar that the seller had to order for me.

Click image for larger version

Name:	06_28_18_07_53_23_IMG_20180628_192957910.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	578.9 KB
ID:	10600886
                Tim H. 1995 Larson 214 LXI

Comment

• Tim - that thing looks good. My rear toe plate for mine came in a couple of days ago...and yesterday I got a new ACME 541 prop for my boat. Really ready to try both out this weekend. I'll be at the lake Saturday through the following Sunday! Yeah!
                  My 1993 Ski Centurion Falcon resto-mod thread:
                  https://forums.iboats.com/forum/boat...on-restoration

Comment

• Dang TRH299 I guess that's the difference with epoxy! But overall I'm happy with how its turning out using poly. Even if it takes a few more gallons. I dont mind messing up a batch because it's not quite so expensive.

and Timr71 that's so fun to have a new setup under your feet and on the boat. Jealous you're taking a whole week!

​​​​​​​you two will have to let me know how that Theory rides.
                    - Austin

Comment

And I got out and made a little progress on the boat tonight got the gas tank risers cut and glassed into place. I also filled in the stringers in the rear and set up a nice fillet to glass over.

Name:	20180628_213238-2016x1512.jpg
Size:	604.4 KB
ID:	10601012

Name:	20180628_213233-2016x1512.jpg
Size:	692.5 KB
ID:	10601013

I also got the engine mounted to my little dolly and started to put some of the components back on it to start playing around and try to get it running this weekend or during next week! Lots to do, but it's starting to come together.
                      - Austin

Comment

Working...
                      X