Some people just shouldn't own a boat!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EchoNovember View Post

Same in Minnesota. It has to be conspicuous and visible.
    It's a federal law.

The characters have to be at least 3" high.
    Bob, Seneca Lake NY
    '88 Bayliner 1700 Capri bowrider, 85 HP Force O/B, "Sea Weasel"
    '94 Grumman Fish'N Fun pontoon, 40 HP Merc
    Want a vessel safety check? Click here. Want to join the Coast Guard Auxiliary? Click here.
    Disclaimer: Although I am a member of the USCG Auxiliary, the opinions and advice in my replies are my own and do not necessarily reflect CG or CG Auxiliary policy or regulations unless so specified.

Comment

Originally posted by NYBo View Post

It's a federal law.

The characters have to be at least 3" high.
      Good to know it's a federal law so I'm not trying to figure it out state to state.

Comment

Wow

Comment

Just last week we are coming into a port on Erie and we are in a "NO WAKE' zone. A 25+ fishing charter centre council with twin 250's came wizzing by us on plane in the no wake zone. I told the guys to hold on, he almost pushed us into the rock pier as the rocking put our prop in and out of the water, I had zero control for a few seconds. I was piloting my buddies 21 footer, had it been smaller we may have taken on too much water to stay afloat. I then realized the same boat was slipped at the marina we were staying at. When he got back from his charter we didn't even approach him, I just called the local O.P.P. They came and I told them what happened and they talked to him for at least 45 minutes while we watched. Then 2 C.O.'s came to his boat, inspected all his equipment, licences and the trailer he was staying in. He was charged with various offences including over his limit of Walleye, Perch and Rainbow Trout plus improper paper work. They warned him of his boating offence. He said he needs to get on plane because of sandbars. We got better satisfaction than had we spanked him, the arse. We are 4 old guys and he has to be years younger, however 3 in our crew were former Pro Linemen. He didn't dare approach us either. No paintballs required. It really felt good to give some payback the proper way, and it's legal.
          Experience is a lifetime of mistakes, wisdom is not making them again.

Comment

Had one today. We were in about a 6 or 7 boat raft up and I was on the end closest to the center of the river in a 25' cabin cruiser. There are no other boats in sight except this other 25'ish cruiser that flies by on plane about 50' from us. I was tied to a 32' boat so our fenders didn't line up very well. Me and the owner of the 32' boat fought to keep our boats from banging together. Then the guy turns around and comes back by but did give a little more room this time. The river is about 700' wide or so at that point and there were no other boats around. sheeesh!!! One of our boats had a drone up and was recording so might have got it on video

Comment

An operator/owner is responsible for Damage caused by his boats wake, in Canada anyway

Comment

Originally posted by jimmbo View Post
                An operator/owner is responsible for Damage caused by his boats wake, in Canada anyway
                In the US also.
                Bob, Seneca Lake NY
                '88 Bayliner 1700 Capri bowrider, 85 HP Force O/B, "Sea Weasel"
                '94 Grumman Fish'N Fun pontoon, 40 HP Merc
                Want a vessel safety check? Click here. Want to join the Coast Guard Auxiliary? Click here.
                Disclaimer: Although I am a member of the USCG Auxiliary, the opinions and advice in my replies are my own and do not necessarily reflect CG or CG Auxiliary policy or regulations unless so specified.

Comment

Working...
                X