Welcome Guest - Sign Up today
Welcome Guest - Sign Up today

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New to boats, items required to have in Florida checklist?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A CB is not a VHF radio; totally completely different. If you're on a lake I wouldn't worry about it much. I boat on several lakes, the largest being around 25,000 acres. I'd say less than 10% of boats have a VHF. I've listened on mine and very rarely hear anything. Not that it's a bad idea to have one but there have to be other people around listening for it to be of any use.

Comment

Last edited by GaryDoug; March 26th, 2017, 08:18 PM. Reason: quitting forum

Comment

Thank you for those links on the VHF radio talks. I haven't had much time to research on them.
        Working on my first boat, a 16' 1981 Glastron HPV165 powered by a Force 125 outboard. located in Lake County, Florida.

Comment

FWIW; the two marinas I use have been around longer than me.(73 plus). They both have CB radios on 24hrs. They have a sign posting what channel they monitor. I have 2 Cobra WT rechargeables (1 for the truck;1 for the boat). Not to disagree with G A; but they are old school; and its nice to know you are not alone. Sorry Mr. G A

Comment

Working...
          X