My recent "Safety Inspection"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My recent "Safety Inspection"

Okay, Bob_VT has gone to a fiberglass boat (which is a shocker) and launched it on it's maiden voyage this past weekend. The State Police pulled me over for a Safety Inspection" and I got s surprise-

My Kidde Fire Extinguisher might have been a subject of a recall. Passed the inspection and contacted Kidde to check the extinguisher -Yes it has been recalled.

PLEASE Check your Kidde extinguisher and if it has been recalled Kidde will send you a new one and a label to send the old one back. There are youtube videos and website instructions to check. The lifespan on the small extinguishers is normally 12 years and mine was 6 years old so it was a win-win situation.

Be Safe and enjoy!
    This is a great link to boat specifications http://boatspecs.iboats.com/
    Please, shop iboats first!!

The State Police did a boat inspection? Never heard of that. Or was the fire extinguisher in your truck?

THEY THAT GO DOWN TO THE SEA IN SHIPS 1623-1923
    Dave S. S/W Louisiana
    2002 Larson SEI 190 fish 'n ski. 2002 Suzuki DF140 4 stroke
    Sold: 2000 Odyssey Lextra 2102 Pontoon Boat, 2000 Johnson 90hp J90PLSSE
    Sold: 1987 Rinker V190 4.3L 175 HP Alpha One Gen one

Comment

Vermont is one of several states where the state police marine division are responsible for boating law enforcement.
      The last suit you wear won't need any pockets. You might as well spend it on a boat.

Comment

In Illinois/Iowa we have sheriffs department, dnr and state police on patrol. And on the Mississippi River it’s both states. Oh and the coast guard auxiliary.

Comment

If I was on the water and saw you in a glass boat and had the authority to stop you, I would too, Bob.

There is thread here with a link to all the codes of the recalled Kidde extinguishers - https://forums.iboats.com/forum/gene...ndicator-types

And the actual link - https://inmarmarketaction.com/kidde/Kidde284US/

This is a good bump and reminder to check these Kiddes. Thanks.

BOAT SPECS FORUM HELP STARCRAFT FORUM SHOP iboats
          Please, no PM's (Private Messages) regarding boat/engine problems.
          That is what the forums are for.
          Only forum/moderator issues will be answered in PM's.

Comment

Originally posted by DRS4164 View Post
            The State Police did a boat inspection? Never heard of that. Or was the fire extinguisher in your truck?
            Here in Ontario our Provincial Police O.P.P. (Staties south) do marine inspections. I was inspected no less than 3 times a few years ago. One duffus almost swamped us running his centre council with twin 300's. You would have thought he was coming alongside Pablo Escobar himself, idiot. And I voiced my displeasure because I was 110% compliant and always am, usually. His partner apologized, he didn't. Come to find out one day buddy had Vodka Tonic in his water bottles.
            Experience is a lifetime of mistakes, wisdom is not making them again.

Comment

Originally posted by 211libwtfo View Post
              In Illinois/Iowa we have sheriffs department, dnr and state police on patrol. And on the Mississippi River it’s both states. Oh and the coast guard auxiliary.
              Just to be clear, the Coast Guard Auxiliary has no law enforcement power.
              Bob, Seneca Lake NY
              '88 Bayliner 1700 Capri bowrider, 85 HP Force O/B, "Sea Weasel"
              '94 Grumman Fish'N Fun pontoon, 40 HP Merc
              Want a vessel safety check? Click here. Want to join the Coast Guard Auxiliary? Click here.
              Disclaimer: Although I am a member of the USCG Auxiliary, the opinions and advice in my replies are my own and do not necessarily reflect CG or CG Auxiliary policy or regulations unless so specified.

Comment

Originally posted by NYBo View Post

Just to be clear, the Coast Guard Auxiliary has no law enforcement power.

MOD EDIT -
                Last edited by GA_Boater; June 27th, 2018, 10:33 AM.

Comment

Thank you Kidde for the replacement that arrived today - now I pray I never have to use it!
                  This is a great link to boat specifications http://boatspecs.iboats.com/
                  Please, shop iboats first!!

Comment

Working...
                  X