tube towing equipment

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tube towing equipment

I've towed my tube around before, but it's been a minute. Some of my stuff has gotten lost/misplaced. So my question is: what all do I need to tow my tube? I think I had little harness thingy I used (my tube has a hard plastic hookup thingy on it), which hooked up to a 40 or 50 ft tow rope, which was hitched to my ski eye. Is that about it? Could someone post pics or even links to products they would recommend? Thanks!

Originally posted by tonyjh63 View Post
    I've towed my tube around before, but it's been a minute. Some of my stuff has gotten lost/misplaced. So my question is: what all do I need to tow my tube? I think I had little harness thingy I used (my tube has a hard plastic hookup thingy on it), which hooked up to a 40 or 50 ft tow rope, which was hitched to my ski eye. Is that about it? Could someone post pics or even links to products they would recommend? Thanks!
    I know the feeling . . . one minute I have something and the next minute it seems to be lost.

Does the tube come with the bridle or harness? Usually, the tow line is attached to the tube?

Best regards, Ted . . . . Cape Cod, MA

Current Boats: Formula 330 Sun Sport, O'Day Mariner Sail #3224, Sunfish
    Past Boats: Catalina 22 Sail #10531, Formula 242 Sun Sport
    Twin Mercruiser 7.4 LX MPI (0F802036, 039), Bravo 3's (0F806198, 199), Mercury 7.5 HP (1969), Johnson 4.5 HP (1980)

My Boating Web Pages: http://www.tpenfield.com

Comment

Holy effing hell! How do i post a simple pic to this freakin' thread???

Comment

I mt sounds like you have a quick release harness on your tube some come with those.

I have a harness which attaches to the transom lifting eyes which I don't use. I attach to the ski eye or the tower as you would a regular tow rope.

I'm guessing you have something like this on the end?

https://www.iboats.com/shop/airhead-...yABEgIUJfD_BwE
        James
        2002 Cobalt 226 with VP 8.1GI

Comment

Thanks for the response! In the pic you linked to, the little white plastic thingy is what is attached to my tube. I "think" I somehow hooked a rope to that, then the other end to my ski eye on my boat. Does that sound about right? And does a 50 ft rope sound right?

Comment

Originally posted by tonyjh63 View Post
            Thanks for the response! In the pic you linked to, the little white plastic thingy is what is attached to my tube. I "think" I somehow hooked a rope to that, then the other end to my ski eye on my boat. Does that sound about right? And does a 50 ft rope sound right?
            The loop in rope passes through the hole nd that goes around the notch.

50 feet is reasonable. Attach to ski eye or use a y harness and attach to that which would attack to lift hooks.
            James
            2002 Cobalt 226 with VP 8.1GI

Comment

Working...
            X